Sold my iPod Touch (1st Gen)...Need Advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Apr 6, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

...I sold it for 260 (32 gig). I plan on buying a 2nd Gen 32 gig simply because the iPod Touch 2nd Gen can handle a headphone/mic as opposed to the 1st gen only option for mic is through the dock (am I correct?). I am currently deployed and have WiFi access so I would like to use Skype on my iPod Touch and the hassle to get a dock mic is too much of a problem. So, I was thinking of just buying the mic/headset for the PSP and plug it in on my 2nd Gen iPod Touch as it just plugs through the stereo outlet.

Any help?

Also, 3.0 will activate the bluetooth on the 2nd gen ipod touch correct? So, I can use a bluetooth headset/mic on my ipod touch for skype correct?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yes, they are activating bluetooth.

Also, I may be wrong, but I didn't think ANY mics were compatible with the 1st gen, regardless of whether it was connected via the headphone jack or dock connector.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1st Gen iPod Touch vs the 2nd Gen iPod Touch was that it was missing the extra wiring enabling voice input. However, it IS possible for 1st Gen iPod Touch to utilize the dock for voice input. Most where usually utilized as a voice recorder on the iPod Classic, but most found useful to use as a mic with Skype on the 1st Gen iPod Touch.

Also, several questions.
    1.) How can I back up my music/videos and etc on my current iPod Touch so that they may be on my new 2nd Gen iPod Touch? I am deployed and don't have access to my computer - only my laptop.

2.) What headphone/mic do you all recommened to use with Skype on my iPod Touch (2nd Gen)?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

When you set up the new iPod it may ask you if you would like to restore from a backup - in this case it would be the backup from the 1st gen.

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY