Sold my Mac W/Applecare and got a question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SchneiderMan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So I sold my Macbook Pro with Applecare a few months ago. Now if the new owner needs to repair it, would my info show up?
    Because I did not transfer it or anything. Also, there is no way to charge my card for repairs right? Thanks :p

2. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

When I took my MacBook in a few days ago to get the bottom case assembly replaced, it showed my student email address I gave them for the receipt when I purchased it, so they definitely have some information on file. I'm guessing they don't store your card info though, let alone charge it without showing your ID. If they do, they'll have a major lawsuit on their hands and you'll have enough money to buy several Mac's by the time it's through.

3. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I believe their info is from the apple account you use when you sign up for an appt. The new owner will just put in the serial # and off they go. Also if you wiped the drive, they will register it under their name during the first boot-up

4. corus666 macrumors newbie

APP Customer Details

AppleCare themselves may be able to see your details, but when any customer calls AppleCare they are asked for a Name, E-Mail Address and serial number. Therefore they should be able to obtain service without knowing or being told your details.

Your card details are not kept on record. You can contact Apple quoting your Macs Serial No. to have Apple change the details.