Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankie.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
First thing I've sold on my Amazon account and now it says,

Amazon.com is reviewing your selling account. Funds in your Amazon Payments account will be reserved for up to 30 days pending completion of the review. Read more

I find this frustrating. I sold my Mac because I need the money to pay off a credit card within two weeks. Now I'm out my Mac and out my money for 30 days. I feel like I've got the short end of the stick here.

jtmx29

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
Connecticut
First thing I've sold on my Amazon account and now it says,

I find this frustrating. I sold my Mac because I need the money to pay off a credit card within two weeks. Now I'm out my Mac and out my money for 30 days. I feel like I've got the short end of the stick here.

That's why you read the Terms of Service.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Bummer about the Amazon 30 day thing. I bet the sooner the buyer gives you a rating, the sooner you get your money. So keep in touch with the buyer and try to make sure they rate you.
For the future, Craigslist is the best if you need cash fast.

Frankie.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I put it on Craigslist also and I didn't get many seriously responses. Mainly scammers or people trying to get make to take 40-50% off my asking price.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I put it on Craigslist also and I didn't get many seriously responses. Mainly scammers or people trying to get make to take 40-50% off my asking price.

Yeah, had the same thing happen with an iMac. You've just gotta have some patience all you'll get a real person with a real offer eventually. Hard to do, I know, if you're in a rush for cash.

Frankie.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, had the same thing happen with an iMac. You've just gotta have some patience all you'll get a real person with a real offer eventually. Hard to do, I know, if you're in a rush for cash.

I left it on there for 3 weeks but gave up. I got literally 15 emails of people saying is this still avaiable? then no response after my follow up email. I couldn't take anymore of the $600 dollars off asking prises. Idiots :p

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I left it on there for 3 weeks but gave up. I got literally 15 emails of people saying is this still avaiable? then no response after my follow up email. I couldn't take anymore of the $600 dollars off asking prises. Idiots :p

Wow. I guess I got lucky then with my iMac.
Well, hopefully if the buyer rates you quickly then you'll get your money fast.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've had similar experiences with craigslist but I've had good luck with ebay. I've always sold my computers near what I wanted to sell them there and I got the funds from paypal pretty quickly.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
same happened to me, I just sold my macbook and at the same time they are reviewing my account. Anyone have experience with this, does the seller ever get shafted with the payment

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Paypal held all my payments for 28 days until I met their requirements (had to have so many detailed seller ratings, which most people don't give, they just leave normal feedback). Took about 6 months until they lifted the restriction. Very frustrating.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I've had good luck with eBay where I sold a couple of computers before. Once the payment is made, it shows up in my PayPal account and is available for me to do with it whatever I want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.