Sold my Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by natezire71, Aug 27, 2008.

1. natezire71 Guest

I sold my touch for $210. Does anybody know if that was a good idea? I sold it in hopes the new ones would cost that much..(I'm gonna get a new one when they come out).... Does anybody think they will?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

You didn't say what size Touch you had, but you gave it away. So you sold it because of a rumor that new ones will cost that much? I am confused in what you are doing.

3. California King macrumors 65816

I sold my 16GB for about $300 shipped on eBay about a week ago, so unless you sold an 8GB, it wasn't a great deal.

4. mike1123 macrumors 6502

Out of curiosity, what condition was it in? I have a 16GB touch, and the front is fine, but the back has the typical "iPod after a year" look, aka scratched lightly everywhere. Is there a market for iPods of this condition?

And to the OP, for a 16GB, not the best deal, but not too bad for an 8GB. I don't think the touch will drop to $200. Probably $250 for the base model, but I could be wrong.

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

$200 for an 8GB is fine, I assume that's what it is. Especially since you sold right before the new iPods should be coming...

The new iPod Touch may still start at $299, but it would be for 16GB. I think that's more likely than straight price drops, but maybe a $249-ish 8GB model is possible too.

I still think we will be able to get 16GB for $299 though. Other models (mostly Nano competitors) have dropped in price a lot, the Nano will get storage bumps, and the iPod Touch will have to keep pace with the Nano.

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

If the front has no scratches, you will be able to sell yours for a decent price on EBay. Take some good pictures, be very descriptive (and accurate) in your listing, and you should do fine. And make sure to mention exactly how much AppleCare is left.

I've sold iPods with almost scratchless backs and iPods with scratched up backs, and the price difference is not too big.

7. California King macrumors 65816

It was almost in perfect condition. Had an invisible shield on the back so there was only 1 tiny scratch prior to putting it on. I don't think they usually go that high. I think I just got lucky. They usually go for around $250-$290 I think.

8. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I just picked up a 10 month old 16gb touch with minor scratches on the back from the marketplace for $230 shipped.

9. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Just this second sold my iTouch 8GB for £130 (about $240) as I have the iPhone 3G.
    It was in very nice condition with only very faint scratches on the rear. All boxed as new, even the headphones were still unopened - but the buyer did not seem to care. Think I could of got the £140 asking price as it sold to the first caller.

Sold through Gumtree in London.

Now where is that refurb :apple:TV :p

10. oxfordchemicali macrumors newbie

it depends on what size it is but $210 is not bad at all..