Sold on the iPhone 4 / A+ for my local Apple Store Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eye, Jul 21, 2010.

1. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

My Apple TV died the other day for no apparent reason and started flashing a question mark. Looked up the problem and found that it was most likely a hard drive problem - not an easy fix.

I made my Genius Bar appointment and wasn't expecting much since A) the ATV is probably the least polished Apple product I own and I kind of expected it to tank and B) I'm out of warranty on it.

I got there and had to wait about 20 minutes. I played with the iPhone 4 and after playing Sonic the Hedgehog on it, I'm sold. I don't even play games, but the speed at which it runs and the clarity of the picture on this thing blew me away. I had played with one before, but the game really showed me what it could do. As soon as the white version comes out, I'm in.

Also, I scoped out the iPad camera kit and iPad case while I was there. They must have just received a shipment since everyone is clamoring for both. I decided I would buy both if Apple was nice to me about the ATV. Turns out, even though I was out of warranty, they just handed me a new one. Really impressed with that. They really could have charged me to fix it or just said the thing is done, but they hooked me up.

So, I bought the camera kit (awesome) and the iPad case (piece of garbage, taking it back). Overall, even after all of the negative press, Apple's customer service and that shiny new phone impressed me.

2. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

awesome. That's great that you are happy with your purchase. Dont let the trolls here make you feel bad about it. I love my phone as well! The display is absolutely stunning!!

4. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

So you're saying you didn't get into a physical altercation with a Genius and have to be physically removed by mall security? :p :D

5. eye thread starter macrumors 6502a

eye

No way. He looked at the Apple TV like he had never seen one before. His confusion might have been the reason he just gave me a new one.