Sold out 6S + for upgrade program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Sep 16, 2015.

1. jimbo1mcm, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Just did a very unofficial nationwide survey of a lot of big and little states and couldn't find a 6S Plus available anywhere for pickup on the 25th, in any size. Glad I got mine in when I did.

Kind of strange. You would think that SOMEWHERE there would be a 6S Plus for the upgrade program. This smells like Apple pulled the units from the ordering process so they would have some in the stores on the 25th for walk-in. Short supply due to backlight supply?

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

The only thing I regret is that I didn't understand the full story with the Band 30 LTE rollout.

I started to choose the AT&T version, but when I was asked for my account information I knew it was to get an activation fee.

So I switched to the T-Mobile version.

There isn't any Band 30 at home in the country, and if it is in the DC area I haven't seen it yet, so it is possible the Band 30 envy is purely psychological.

Like you, I poked around for the other version, but they aren't available on launch and I've already sold my old iPhone.

So I'm sticking with the T-Mobile version.

3. surfer369 macrumors newbie

I also wanted to go with the apple upgrade program and can't find the 6s+, should I just preorder with the ATT next program as its still available through that?

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Depends on whether you're OK being tied to AT&T through the NEXT term, or would rather not be.