Sold Out Everywhere in 10min??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silvers, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Silvers, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

Silvers macrumors newbie

Just found this website tonight and thought I would vent a little.... I go in on Friday morning to get my iPhone, I wasn't able to get in early as my Grams has been in the hospital so I've been spending most of my time with her. I go to AT&T and was told they were totally sold out except for a few 64GB white phones. Since I don't have the $$ they want for a 64GB, I went to Best Buy and guess what sold out, was told they only got 10 in for AT&T and those went to the people that pre-ordered their phones (I was told by an employee to not bother pre-ordering because the phone would be shipped and I could get it faster if I just came into the store the day they were released). However, the tech for the phones said if I wanted to switch to Verizon they would be more than happy to help me out as they have a few 32GB but again no 16GB can't stand Verizon as I they have sucky coverage and since I drive for a living I need good coverage and unfortunately AT&T has the best. Next I went to Sam's Club and again I was told they didn't get any for AT&T. Called the other local AT&T store and was told the same thing totally sold out of iPhone 4S. Now I know my hometown isn't a very big town but come on only a total of 40 iPhone 16GB for the whole area?!?! That's freaking insane.

So, I finally went to order one from AT&T and was told 8-12 weeks before I would get the phone?!?! So tried the Apple store was told I could get a phone in 1-2 weeks but as of yet (I ordered Sat) the phone is still in it's processing stage. So should I wait for Apple to send my phone or what is the chance that my AT&T store might get more in before my order from Apple is moved into the actual shipping stage?

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I will definitely wait for apple , btw the AT&T sounds too long I dot believe it at all lol

3. DerekTS macrumors regular

You should have preordered when they first became available. I walk by the Apple store close to me everyday and so far there has been lines almost a block long everyday since the 14th. Almost all the carriers and Apple are saying 1-4 weeks wait time.

4. Bruce91 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when Apple will get another shipment of iPhones?

The stores near me are all sold out of 16GB. :(

5. DerekTS macrumors regular

Their website says 1-2 weeks. Thats if you order now.

6. Silvers, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

Silvers thread starter macrumors newbie

I went into my AT&T store to pre-order the first day that you could but was told they don't do in house pre-orders. Like I said in the first post I went into Best Buy and was told I'd be better off not pre-ordering it and just coming in and getting one. Which from the sounds of things that the manager told me they only got 10 in which only went to those that pre-ordered their phones. So if only 10 came in for pre-orders chances are I still wouldn't have gotten my phone as I am sure they had more than 10 pre-orders.

7. DerekTS macrumors regular

They sold over a million preorders in the first 24 hours and you still listen to the stoned kid at best buy telling you to wait in line? That is an obvious indication that demand is extremely high and that lines/outages would be inevitable.

8. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I got a black 64 at the AT&T store in the afternoon. The 32's and 16's were sold out, I was hemming and hawing between trimming my library down for the 32, and just getting the 64, so AT&T and Apple made that decision for me. :)

9. vietalogy macrumors 6502

My friend just got 2 today from apple and they have plenty of stock.

10. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Where do you live? I'm in the Chicago area and they had plenty left on Saturday the day after launch. I walked in randomly to check it out and bought one with no hassles. Had to wait in an "iPhone line" for about 5 minutes.

11. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Same here...walked into the UTC (San Diego) Apple Store at 8:45 on Launch night, waited for a minute and purchased a 16GB White AT&T Iphone 4...

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

13. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I don't understand why people are not able to wait 1 or 2 weeks. I guess this is the land of instant gratification.

14. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

I pre-ordered maybe 12 hours after the pre-ordering opened... And my order is still "processing items"... Delivers 25th - 1st November... :( :(

15. Silvers thread starter macrumors newbie

Since they only got 10 in stock (which went only to those that pre-ordered them) and I got in 2hrs after they opened on the first day you could pre-order one that I would actually get one? Not likely...

This is my first time ever trying to get a iPhone the day the came out. I talked to others that pre-ordered there iPhones and they didn't get their phones until weeks after they came out. Yet there were ones that could walk in to an AT&T store and get one a few days after they were released.

I was just surprised more or less that my local stores only got 10-20 or none at all, I guess is more or less my complaint. IMO it reminded me of all the 'new' toys that come out a Christmas time that the companies deliberately shorted stores so that way they could be on the list of the hottest toys at Christmas and do their claim to fame by saying they were sold out at Christmas time. People that managed to get more than one of the toys would sell them online for an astronomical amount of money and others that would cave in and buy it.

I just checked the only Apple store in Indiana and they are totally sold out of ALL iPhones. Guess even in the capital city there was a shortage of phones ordered/'supplied to the store.