sold out?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by e34guy, May 11, 2011.

1. e34guy macrumors member

Finally decided to get an iPad 2, but they are sold out (this kind of stuff always happens to me) My question is how often does apple get shipments for their iPads? Im looking for the WiFi only model.

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Every night

3. cwerdna macrumors 6502

It would help if you indicate approximately where you're located (e.g. country, state, metropolitan area, etc.). Some regions (not the US), let you reserve.

4. brian2220 macrumors member

brian2220

im am in phoenix az and have been looking everywhere these past few days and cant find one but i finally gave in and ordered it and it says it will be here on the 1 of june :(

5. e34guy thread starter macrumors member

should have done that in the first place!
    Houston, Texas
    are they really that hard to find still?!

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You are in a large US city so see post number 2.

7. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

If you are not flexible it's best to order online. The stores in Georgia have iPads but just not what I wanted which was 64GB wifi black. They always had the Verizon or AT&T models in the 16GB. I gave up after 2 weeks and then went via apple.com and got mine just over 2 weeks (at the time they said 3 weeks wait). This gave me plenty of time to investigate cases and such.

8. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yup.
    Super Frustrating.

I'm in Birmingham, Al and was purposely not paying attention to the ads.
    Then, I got curious...and now I want one.
    I thought i had waited long enough after the release to start looking into purchasing one.
    Boy...was I wrong.

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Apple is the master of controlling the minds of it's followers, customers & press.

There's no better way to draw a lot of attention than to be Sold Out. The media loves a good story, and Apple is a world class story teller, & secret keeper.

10. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

this is actually funny.

cynical yet dramatically accurate.

11. freeman727 macrumors 6502

12. luked14 macrumors 6502

Be sure to check with your local Apple retailers. The one near me has been getting fairly large shipments weekly.

13. L0ADING macrumors member

L0ADING

im also in the houston area and the guy at the galleria apple store said they still have people lined up for it every shipment :| im ordering mine online

14. e34guy thread starter macrumors member

Yea I called Memorial City mall and they took 35 min before an apple representative actually picked up the call. ARE YOU SERIOUS APPLE? c'mon what happen to good customer service?! man apple is really dropping the ball man, I agree that they want it to be a big deal that they are out of stock but what does that prove? how does that serve the customers?

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Right.....it's a conspiracy!

That's because everyone is calling and asking the same question as you. It's not like they're ignoring a ringing phone......

Every store that I've gone to has iPad 2s, just not the model that I want. The Apple Store I went to yesterday had 4 different models. I'm in no rush to buy though, so it doesn't bother me much.

16. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't forget to check Target. They always have them whenever I'm there.

17. sdb53 macrumors newbie

I was at the apple store in USA the other day and theystoppedpeople waiting in line and reserving them but they aren't having nearlymas much trouble keeping them in stock anymore you could even order it online and I bet you would get it fast

18. e34guy thread starter macrumors member