Sold unlocked 3G to buy 3GS!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djuarez03, Jul 9, 2009.

1. djuarez03 macrumors regular

I still can't believe I was able to sell my 16GB 3G for $350 on craigslist! I had a couple of calls, and some scammers of course, but most deals would not materialize, until yesterday! Guy called me up, asked if I could meet him in about half an hour, and the deal was done as soon as he saw T-Mobile as the carrier. :)

But since I'm not upgrade eligible until Sunday, I'm going to have to survive without my iPhone for 4 days, will I crack under the pressure?!! I hope not. The thought of a 32GB 3GS will carry me over till the weekend. And if I get desperate, I'll just borrow my wife's 3GS. But since my wife swears that I can't even survive a day without an iPhone, here's my chance to prove her wrong.

But if it wasn't for all you guys, who made me realize how easy it actually is to sell an unlocked iPhone, I might never have done it. So give yourselves a round of applause for instilling the confidence I needed to go through with it. Thanks guys!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's what most of us did (sold their 3G) to offset the cost of the 3GS

If you're the close to the contract time, just go out and enjoy the outside and forget about the iPhone for a few days ;)

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Ooh. Proving the misses wrong is always fun. :p
    Congrats on your awesome sale! You lucked out big time!
    Just make sure you can handle the pressure of a 3Gs. Spaz couldn't take it.

4. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Why wait? Call AT&T and beg, they will give you the early upgrade!

5. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Sold my 8GB 3G to the same girl who bought my 4GB 2G, for $200-same price as new. Didn't have to deal with Craigs List or any other scam stuff.

And, means I only paid $125 for the 32 GB 3GS (after tax) WHOOT!

6. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, since today is my first day without my iPhone, it doesn't feel too different, yet. Granted, I do miss having my music and podcasts with me, and the occasional app that I use here and there, but it's nothing I can't live without.

The only thing I really miss is the convenience of having the internet in my pocket, and my Facebook app! But like an earlier post said, I'm going to try and enjoy this time without an iPhone. It's almost fun to remember what life was like Pre-iPhone! :)

7. snoboarder8232 macrumors newbie

I swear some of the people on this forum never go outside.

8. thespazz macrumors 6502a

$350? What a price!

My Dad sold his 2G 16GB for $350.