Sold your iPhone on eBay, are you happy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danish1542, Jun 9, 2008.

1. danish1542 macrumors member

So, I sold my used 8GB iPhone on eBay for $375 shipped. I'm obviously happy that I can now get a 3G 16GB iPhone and actually make $75, but I don't want to wait a month. Do you guys think the original iPhones are still going to sell for that much on eBay or will the prices drop like lead balloons? Should I have just waited to sell it?

2. Sherb macrumors member

I got $403 shipped for my iPhone and I'm happy. I make money and i now get a 16gb version with 3G... I can wait a month. Once the market notices the iPhone 3G, prices will drop dramatically.

Edit: majinoo makes a good point. Sales could still be high since it's supposedly going to be much harder to buy without a contract

3. majinoo macrumors member

I think the prices on ebay will not drop so much , since a lot of users want it unlocked to use it on any network they want . With the Iphone 3g , it will get way more complicated to unlock it and sell it on ebay to make a profit .

4. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

if they dont find a way to unlock the 3g iphones the price of unlocked v1 iphones will at least stay the same, if not increase.

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i am extremely glad i sold on ebay for the price i sold it for. i made money on it.

6. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

in a word...no!

but if o2 sell the pay as you go iphone at reasonable cost....eg. £200 then i guess its all good. i sold mine for £250. so it means i would have made £50... Though i'll still have to wait for someone to unlock it so i can use my current contract.