Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacFrag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
The Netherlands
I love Apple, but this is something I really do not like!

Is Apple leaving there roots of:

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.

The ones who made Apple big and like to upgrade there hardware them selfs get a slap in the face.

It's like all over again when Steve was kicked out of Apple and those idiots had take control.

The original topic was closed due to some forum users being rude to a fellow forum user. The forum user had an opinion about something and 2 forum users did not like that opinion and decided to slander him. Calling him Troll and what not. So thanks to those 2 forum users for killing my forum thread.

I asked the mod to re-open it but I did not got any answer. So here it is, part 2. And please be nice to one and other. Isn't that also a forum rule here at MacRumors?

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
So given your original thread was locked and admin refused to re-open it, you figured you'd re-open it yourself by posting a duplicate thread?

Top work. Good luck with that.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Long story short, buy an MBP classic, still upgradeable and non-soldered. If your argument is that ALL Macs should be non-soldered just in case you want to buy any of them then that doesn't stack up, making EVERY Mac more expensive and less reliable for the majority who never upgrade is not good business sense. At the moment Apple give you the option you desire so what is the problem?

MacFrag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
The Netherlands
So given your original thread was locked and admin refused to re-open it, you figured you'd re-open it yourself by posting a duplicate thread?

Top work. Good luck with that.
Thanks for helping to kill the original thread. Great job.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for helping to kill the original thread. Great job.

So having a differing opinion and expressing it (based on 25+ years of dealing with computers and how useful upgrades tend to be vs. replacing) is "killing your original thread"?

If you don't want to have discussion then maybe don't post things that will get differing opinions.

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
If your argument is that ALL Macs should be non-soldered just in case you want to buy any of them then that doesn't stack up, making EVERY Mac more expensive and less reliable for the majority who never upgrade is not good business sense.
Maybe I am missing something here but why would Macs be more expensive because RAM is not soldered? Thicker – yes, I can see that. But more expensive?

MacFrag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
The Netherlands
So having a differing opinion and expressing it is "killing your original thread"?

If you don't want to have discussion then maybe don't post things that will get differing opinions.
Somebody in the original threat had an opinion, but you and others did not like that opinion and started to slander that user. Thats not discussing, thats being rude.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Maybe I am missing something here but why would Macs be more expensive because RAM is not soldered? Thicker – yes, I can see that. But more expensive?
Somebody in the original threat had an opinion, but you and others did not like that opinion and started to slander that user. Thats not discussing, thats being rude.

I did not slander anybody.

I expressed my opinion and backed it up with reasoning based on experience.

I'm leaving it at that. This thread will be locked shortly anyhow because if there's one thing a forum admin hates, its having a user circumvent your wishes by re-posting something they closed.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland

Direct soldering removes the socket cost, manufacturing/maintenance/warranty cost is also higher due to the additional failure rate.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
the other thread was locked for a reason, no good will come out of this. Closing this thread.

The discussion about the ram soldered was beaten to death in the original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.