Soldered RAM, Soldered everything wtf? part 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacFrag, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacFrag macrumors member

MacFrag

I love Apple, but this is something I really do not like!

Is Apple leaving there roots of:

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.

The ones who made Apple big and like to upgrade there hardware them selfs get a slap in the face.

It's like all over again when Steve was kicked out of Apple and those idiots had take control.

The original topic was closed due to some forum users being rude to a fellow forum user. The forum user had an opinion about something and 2 forum users did not like that opinion and decided to slander him. Calling him Troll and what not. So thanks to those 2 forum users for killing my forum thread.

I asked the mod to re-open it but I did not got any answer. So here it is, part 2. And please be nice to one and other. Isn't that also a forum rule here at MacRumors?

2. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

So given your original thread was locked and admin refused to re-open it, you figured you'd re-open it yourself by posting a duplicate thread?

Top work. Good luck with that.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Long story short, buy an MBP classic, still upgradeable and non-soldered. If your argument is that ALL Macs should be non-soldered just in case you want to buy any of them then that doesn't stack up, making EVERY Mac more expensive and less reliable for the majority who never upgrade is not good business sense. At the moment Apple give you the option you desire so what is the problem?

4. MacFrag thread starter macrumors member

MacFrag

Thanks for helping to kill the original thread. Great job.

5. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

So having a differing opinion and expressing it (based on 25+ years of dealing with computers and how useful upgrades tend to be vs. replacing) is "killing your original thread"?

If you don't want to have discussion then maybe don't post things that will get differing opinions.

6. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

Maybe I am missing something here but why would Macs be more expensive because RAM is not soldered? Thicker – yes, I can see that. But more expensive?

7. MacFrag thread starter macrumors member

MacFrag

Somebody in the original threat had an opinion, but you and others did not like that opinion and started to slander that user. Thats not discussing, thats being rude.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I did not slander anybody.

I expressed my opinion and backed it up with reasoning based on experience.

I'm leaving it at that. This thread will be locked shortly anyhow because if there's one thing a forum admin hates, its having a user circumvent your wishes by re-posting something they closed.

9. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Direct soldering removes the socket cost, manufacturing/maintenance/warranty cost is also higher due to the additional failure rate.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    the other thread was locked for a reason, no good will come out of this. Closing this thread.

The discussion about the ram soldered was beaten to death in the original thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.