Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix on Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by wkupj07, Apr 22, 2008.

1. wkupj07 macrumors newbie

So I have a new 2.2ghz Macbook with 4 gigs of ram running 10.5.2. I can't seem to get SOF2 working. It keeps crashing on the launch. I have determined that it has to be a rosetta problem. I've played this game since I had my old eMac and it worked great even on that, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with not having enough graphics horsepower.

Has anyone had any luck with this? If not I may have to get a windows version and run it in xp.:(

Thanks.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Have you updated the app (I think 1.03?)? Try that first, otherwise, since SOF2 is not universal so might be one of a few things that don't work under rosetta.

3. Causality macrumors newbie

Causality

As long as you're running the newest version, it should kinda work. I've seen it played on a number of different macbooks and macbook pros.

The problems I have had is that it will crash after every match in MP. Also, practically no mods work. It's kinda depressing. I really wish someone would release a universal binary. I would love to play SoF2 again :(

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

5. Causality macrumors newbie

Causality

I know... but I found it while doing a search, and the information is still relevant. lol.

6. marsmars2 macrumors newbie

SofF II Crashes on my iMac

My iMac worked great for years with Soldier of Fortune II (updated to 1.0.3), but now, under 10.5.8, it crashes at the end of each level... frustrating!

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Oh well, maybe this is the excuse I need to look at Call of Duty 4... lol :)