Solid State Hard Drive Question

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
So I just want to know weather a solid state hard drive will work in my imac G3.
iMac G3/500
500Mhz G3
700ish mb ram
IDE Hard drive.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Well there a few reasons.
1. My decade old computer pulls more weight that a three year old one (though it is Windows so its not really fair)
2. I'm a teenager who doesn't have the money for a new computer.
3. It would be fun.
4. I want it to use less electricity.
5. My hard drive is too small.
6. If i put a hard drive with no moving parts, with any luck this computer will last another decade.

Make more sense?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Well there a few reasons.
1. My decade old computer pulls more weight that a three year old one (though it is Windows so its not really fair)
2. I'm a teenager who doesn't have the money for a new computer.
3. It would be fun.
4. I want it to use less electricity.
5. My hard drive is too small.
6. If i put a hard drive with no moving parts, with any luck this computer will last another decade.

Make more sense?
I guess what I'm trying to get at is why are you going to spend over $200 upgrading a computer that is worth less than $50? Why not sell the iMac, and use that money plus the SSD money to buy a Core Duo Mac Mini?

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I understand your point of view.
and after looking into how much a solid state drive is, i dont think im going to buy one. also, im neeevvveeerrrr getting rid of this imac. I love this computer. I'm probably getting a macbook pro soon (parents getting me one for school and univeristy in the future) whenever i do get a new mac im going to keep this one and hook up some external hard drives and use it as a media hub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.