I guess what I'm trying to get at is why are you going to spend over $200 upgrading a computer that is worth less than $50? Why not sell the iMac, and use that money plus the SSD money to buy a Core Duo Mac Mini?Well there a few reasons.
1. My decade old computer pulls more weight that a three year old one (though it is Windows so its not really fair)
2. I'm a teenager who doesn't have the money for a new computer.
3. It would be fun.
4. I want it to use less electricity.
5. My hard drive is too small.
6. If i put a hard drive with no moving parts, with any luck this computer will last another decade.
Make more sense?