Solidworks in Parallels on rMB

ffnc1020

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
Indiana
I just got my Macbook today and I immediately installed Parallels and Windows 10, which works great. However I can't get Solidworks to work properly. Does anyone have any experience on how to get it to work on rMB? This is what it looks like when I open a new part file.

Last edited:

Koudspeel

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2013
Try installing the Parallels Tools.

EDIT: and also don't forget to enable 3D acceleration.

ffnc1020

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
Indiana

ffnc1020

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
Indiana
Just why... i mean a "low end" cpu for 3d is already not a good choice.... running it in a virtualized environment is even worse....
My susggetion is to make a partition with windows (bootcamp) and run solid work there, at least you take "full advantage" of the "cpu / gpu".

EDIT:
http://www.grzsoftware.com/blog/how-to/fixing-solidworks-opengl-on-parallels/ this might help...
Thanks for helping! I just need something at home to view and maybe edit something from time to time. The only two thing I need from Windows are Xbox app and occasionally solidworks, which really can't justify install a boot camp Windows. I have a MBP for work.
I tried that workaround and nothing changed, still have to use software OpenGL.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
Thanks for helping! I just need something at home to view and maybe edit something from time to time. The only two thing I need from Windows are Xbox app and occasionally solidworks, which really can't justify install a boot camp Windows. I have a MBP for work.
I tried that workaround and nothing changed, still have to use software OpenGL.
Did you reboot?? Sorry to hear that you had no difference .... if I find something else I will report it.