Solitaire

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thatoneguy82, Feb 3, 2012.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This is probably a ridiculous post. However, one of the main reasons I have been wanting to install Windows 7 on my MBP is because of Solitaire. I love that game and there's no substitution for the one in Windows. Finally got it installed through Parallels and I have been playing non stop! Sure, maybe I'll use Windows for something later.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Alas, sad to admit, I share your - eh - liking for this game and its many siblings and sundry distaff relatives. Many is the morning I delayed writing the reports I should have begun to attack, as I was merely "warming up"......(all of the outfits I ever worked for used Windows...)

On my MBA, as I don't have Windows, the only way I (occasionally) satisfy this - em - craving, is to seek out versions of solitaire online.

Back in the day, I used to rather like Minesweeper as well.......

3. ThemacNub macrumors regular

Windows XP Minesweeper was the best, yet to find a decent one for mac

4. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

I love solitaire for Windows!

Also, I remember playing solitaire on my iPod video.....then Apple renamed it "klondike" (or something like that) for the later versions of the iPod.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I seem to recall that 'Klondike' is a particular variation of Solitaire, rather than the more 'generic' standard Solitiare found as a default on Windows. Googling the term 'Solitaire' brings up an embarrassment of riches.

6. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

There's probably no true substitution. But, I got my mom to switch to MBP and the first thing she asked is where is solitaire? I was able to find a pretty decent cheap version on the Mac App Store.

7. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This is true. Nothing can replace Solitaire in Windows. Sure, it can look different in Aero, but the feeling is the same. Plus, you can always change the theme back to the "older" views. Any Mac Apps that try almost achieve this, but almost doesn't count.

8. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Curse you people. I hadn't thought about Solitaire in ages, then read this thread. I tried to ignore it, but eventually I had to fire it up on my Win7 gaming rig. This wasn't the type of gaming I had in mind for this machine. :D