Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
I'm sure all of you are fimiliar with the Solitare game that comes with Windows XP (and probably Vista too) and I am just wondering if you guys know of one exactly like it (or close to it) for Mac OS X. Thanks! :)

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
the only thing i love about windows is spider solitaire. i know i can get it for the mac os, but it doesn't have the same look and feel. this is the only reason why i'd be tempted to install windows on my mac.

Blondie769

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2007
Chicago
thanks for posting this! when i found the big bang board games i couldnt help but wish for windows solitare =P, i never thought i could download it on here x.X

milozauckerman

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
I've been playing XL for a couple of weeks now, and something about it just feels off - like it's somehow much, much tougher to win than on dear old MS Solitaire. More dead-ends, more times when there are two or three necessary cards buried within a single stack but everything else matches up. It's just been so long since I played on Windows - maybe solitaire is less winnable than I remembered.

And every once in a while, when I near the end of a deal, flipping from the deck where there's only one left, that final card seems to transfer itself to the front of the next deal.

I notice it mostly because I'll have, say, a king in the third position of the first three cards from the deck. I'll move the first card to a stack, run through the deck, and when I get back to the top, the king remains in third position.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
I miss the option to be timed :( that's how I determined how well I did in a game.

heySparky

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Oregon
the only thing i love about windows is spider solitaire. i know i can get it for the mac os, but it doesn't have the same look and feel. this is the only reason why i'd be tempted to install windows on my mac.

That (solitaire) is probably the most widely used Windows application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.