Solo beats by Dre

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cristian, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I had a pair of Solos and was impressed.. but not for the price. For $99 it's a bit more reasonable, especially since they don't require a battery. I ended up getting the Studios a few months later ($160 with BBY discount).

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They're not worth $200 considering what $200 will buy in terms of headphones. I'd opt for them if they were $100 though, they're good for $100, overpriced at $200, if that makes sense.

4. stupendusboi macrumors member

They definitely arent the BEST. but for 100 dollars they would be quite a steal :). they sound very good and dont distort in the upper ranges.
    if you dont mind me asking, how are you getting them for 99? :)

5. Cristian thread starter macrumors 6502

Cristian

i got this friend that works at a certain place and gets employee discounts lol..

6. Cristian thread starter macrumors 6502

Cristian

Also is there a diffirence in your opinion between the black and white one besides the color.

7. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

They sound about as good as Bose in ear headphones.

In reference to some high end headphones, you have to be careful because your iPod or iPhone won't have enough juice to really power them up and will sound like crap. High end Sennheiser's are a good example of this (I can't speak for other brands).

8. stupendusboi macrumors member

Cant speak from experience but im prettty sure that the white/black difference is only in the color of the plastic :/.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Even for $100 you are paying about $60 for looks. I cannot recommend these given the superior alternatives.

But that's the "quality" you get in Monster. I believe the Apple Store has these for demo, but I could be wrong. That's the true test, not what some people on the internets say.

10. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

The reason I like them is because they have the iphone controls (including volume) on the line. Are there any better headphones with the controls that you can reccomend?

I just bought the beats but am thinking about returning them if I can find a viable alternative.

11. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Terrible sounding headphones. they're also uncomfortable. Well built, but wow.. terrible headphones

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

First of all forget about the overpricing and sound quality, the built quality is the worst i have ever seen. Even a pair of $5 headphones will have better quality.

13. IronLogik macrumors 6502

really? i haven't heard many complaints about the actual sturdiness of the headphones. I thought they really clicked into place when folded up and unfolding seemed to cause no real issues that concerned me about breakage.

However, sound quality and comfort were absolutely abysmal. Unforgivable in the $200 price range. I don't think I'd even consider them at $100 honestly. Plenty of other headphones that are better. It's sort of a "hipster" tax on these. They might look cool and all but wow. I sure wouldn't want to listen to them. So much bass, really muffles everything else. Bleh.

14. rickybobby. macrumors newbie

u can get dr dre beats for 100 bucks where do u get them off???

15. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

:rolleyes:

Also, you bumped a one-and-a-half year old thread. I'm pretty sure the OP is long gone ;)