Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I must admit I was sceptical of the new solo loop when it was first unveiled - It seemed flimsy and plasticky and the sizing hiccups at the start put me off a bit.

But after spending two days with the solo loop, I’ve been converted and must say it’s the most comfortable band that I’ve used, even more so than the sport loop which I’ve been wearing almost exclusively for the last 2 or 3 years.

You can barely feel the watch or loop being there and I’ve gotten used to the feeling of it.

And the Cyprus green is such an amazing colour! I’m thinking of getting the deep navy or black one as well.

Any lovers of the solo loop here too?

Some pics of the gorgeous cyprus green in the sun.

F9EFC1FC-42F4-4731-8EED-BD3FDFAB6498.jpeg
CAD5E7BE-8624-444E-9D1C-13E5729FE62D.jpeg
D2CC0028-48FD-46B7-A1FB-D5C11B3A85F2.jpeg

Last edited:

borez

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
I sized up at the Apple Store - my measurement was a 2.5 but I tried a 3 for sizing (this was before the advisory to size down).

For those users with Size 3 or less, did you have difficulties looping the watch in your wrist? I was quite cautious not to snap the bands, it but it was a very difficult task to wear the watch.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I got a size 5. The MacRumors Sport Band sizing guide works perfectly to get the correct size. I was surprised how comfortable this band was. I though it would be just like the Sport Band but it is actually a much softer and lighter piece of silicon. As others have mentioned, I barely feel it at all.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Once you find your correct size, these are unbeatable for softness and comfort!

I hope they don‘t stretch out too fast/easy. But I would assume the caveat Apple put on the website refers to people who basically wear the same band every day and thus stretch their Solo Loop every day.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I must admit I was sceptical of the new solo loop when it was first unveiled - It seemed flimsy and plasticky and the sizing hiccups at the start put me off a bit.

But after spending two days with the solo loop, I’ve been converted and must say it’s the most comfortable band that I’ve used, even more so than the sport loop which I’ve been wearing almost exclusively for the last 2 or 3 years.

You can barely feel the watch or loop being there and I’ve gotten used to the feeling of it.

And the Cyprus green is such an amazing colour! I’m thinking of getting the deep navy or black one as well.

Any lovers of the solo loop here too?

Some pics of the gorgeous cyprus green in the sun.

View attachment 959679 View attachment 959680 View attachment 959681

This is the one I ordered!

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Just got my Cypress Green Solo Loop yesterday via mail order. I had the chance to try on several sizes at an Apple Store so I knew that my ordered size was correct.

It is easily the most comfortable band that I’ve owned. Very light with my Titanium watch. I might cancel my backordered Solo Braided Loop. I can’t see how it could be better.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Just got my Cypress Green Solo Loop yesterday via mail order. I had the chance to try on several sizes at an Apple Store so I knew that my ordered size was correct.

It is easily the most comfortable band that I’ve owned. Very light with my Titanium watch. I might cancel my backordered Solo Braided Loop. I can’t see how it could be better.
I got the Blue Braided at the Apple Store today and it is just as comfortable. I am so glad Apple introduced the Solo bands. :D

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I got a size 5. The MacRumors Sport Band sizing guide works perfectly to get the correct size. I was surprised how comfortable this band was. I though it would be just like the Sport Band but it is actually a much softer and lighter piece of silicon. As others have mentioned, I barely feel it at all.
I just got my black Solo Loop today (FedEx Sunday!). It fits perfectly! I will love it even more when it loosens up a tad because I wear my watchbands looser. I measured 6 1/2 inches with a cloth tape measure and 6 1/4 inches with it pulled tight. The Apple Tool I printed out had me right at 6 on the tool. I ordered a 6 and it is great! It looks nice with my Red watch. When the Product Red Loops are finally available to order I’m not sure if I should go down to a 5 in the Red Solo Braided Loop or stick with the perfectly fitting Solo Loop size 6??? Any advice?

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California

Yeah. The Black Solo Loop feels like nothing on my arm. I really want to try the Braided Lolo Loop too.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Did you get the same size in the Solo Loop and Braided Solo Loop? Oh, are you talking about the Sport Loop Band and Braided Solo Loop?
I originally got the size 4 Solo Bands and returned them today for a size 5 as the size 6 wasn’t really snug on me. While I was at the store, I tried on the size 4 and size 5 braided loop and ended up going with a size 4, as the size 5 wasn’t quite as snug, and the Apple rep said they had been encouraging people to go down a size compared to what they got with the Solo band, due to the braided band stretching over time. The size 4 was in fact a little too snug in the Solo band but doesn’t feel or look that way with the braided loop.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I sized up at the Apple Store - my measurement was a 2.5 but I tried a 3 for sizing (this was before the advisory to size down).

For those users with Size 3 or less, did you have difficulties looping the watch in your wrist? I was quite cautious not to snap the bands, it but it was a very difficult task to wear the watch.
I was surprised at how little stretch there is in the Solo Loop. I have to be very careful not to let my ring scratch the watch when stretching it over my hand.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
I just got my black Solo Loop today (FedEx Sunday!). It fits perfectly! I will love it even more when it loosens up a tad because I wear my watchbands looser. I measured 6 1/2 inches with a cloth tape measure and 6 1/4 inches with it pulled tight. The Apple Tool I printed out had me right at 6 on the tool. I ordered a 6 and it is great! It looks nice with my Red watch. When the Product Red Loops are finally available to order I’m not sure if I should go down to a 5 in the Red Solo Braided Loop or stick with the perfectly fitting Solo Loop size 6??? Any advice?
I measured 6 4/16 inches. So, we are very close in size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.