Soltution to iOS 4.3.1 Battery Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UnitediP4, Apr 10, 2011.

1. UnitediP4 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Like many of you here, I've been having battery issues and overheating (at times) on my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.1 (jailbroken).

A day before when I slept and woke up (after 8hrs), I saw there was about 13-14% dip in battery in sleep mode. So, I looked up google for some tips to save battery so I came across this:
    iOS 4 does save things on the backdrop, i.e, applications which you have used keep running on the backdrop. Tap up the home button twice on the home screen and you'll see a new set of icons, these applications have been running on the backdrop. Close these, you can do this the same way you move icons on the home screen.

I have some games which are heavy on graphics (like FIFA 11, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja etc.) which were running on the backdrop, I closed them. Now, when I woke up today (after 6hrs) there was only 3% drop in battery (with alarm and wifi on). So, I'm guessing this might be a solution to the battery problems with iOS 4.

If you guys have any other solutions/tips to the battery problems then please post here.

Cheers.

2. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

The real problem is a little more technical than that :rolleyes:

3. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I have WiFi,3G and Mobile Data off during the day...that saves quite a bit.

I just turn any of it on via SBSettings when i want to use it.

4. aleni macrumors 68020

im on jb 4.3.1, didnt have any battery problem at all, but after i installed adblocker, it ate my battery from 24% to about 4% when i slept (8 hours), then i removed it and battery life seemed back to normal.

do u have adblocker installed?

5. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I do and now i'm off to delete it ;)

6. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I had battery problems on 4.3.1. My phone lasted nearly a day and a half and now barely lasted 10 hours, 8 of which I was at work and barely used it. I turned off ping, tried draining and charging the battery, top off charges, everything. No go. I finally downgraded.

7. yennta macrumors newbie

how did you downgrade?????????

8. gslrider macrumors 6502

gslrider

You have to jailbreak your phone and find older versions to install. You can't do it through Apple.