Solution for 3rd headphones that don't fit your iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viewfly, Aug 21, 2013.

1. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

In another thread I spoke about the Bose on-ear headphones that fit any iphone case.

However, Bose sells replacement and extensions cables that could be used to fit any 3rd part headset to any iPhone case...since the male plug is the same size as the Apple OEM.

Certainly the 20 foot female to male cable can be used with any oversized 1/8" 3rd party headset...since the male plug fits all iPhone cases that I've tried.

Bose extension cables

Only $13. Alternatively the replacement 54" cable can be used, but one will need to pick up a male to female adapter like this one. Can't be certain that the mic/ipod controls will pass through though.

Amazon 6 foot male to female

RadioShack 6 ft

maybe some effort will find a shorter one less than 6 foot.

Just a thought!

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

3. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Solution for 3rd headphones that don't fit your iPhone case

Thanks! I was looking for that.

However I'd say, and reviewers too, that the first one is too long and stiff to use at the phone end. Rather it works better with the Bose replacement cable together.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...headphones/accessories/oe2_audiocable_acc.jsp

The second one seems shorter, but again the short Bose right angle plug is better at the phone end.

But perhaps that is how you meant it.

4. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Attached Files:

5. WillMatters macrumors newbie

WillMatters

Interesting adapter by Mophie. Has anyone used this? It looks pretty lengthy and could be a bit frustrating to use.

6. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Another solution

My recent Jawbone Jambox purchase came with a 36" long 1/8" to 1/8" flat ribbon stereo cable.

It fits perfectly into the narrow earphone opening in my Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim iPhone 5 case!!! Comes in many colors too.

$14.95. I'm sure it will fit into ANY iPhone case as it is the same size as the OEM Apple supplied earphone.

http://store.jawbone.com/store/aliphcom/DisplayHomePage

A great solution to interface your AUX input audio device or car jack...and if necessary, purchase any 1/8" male to female extension...like the ones in this thread, Amazon or Radio Shack...as the size doesn't matter.

Attached Files: