Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Hello everybody

I have some questions about banking information, taxes... I'll try to keep it short.

First of all I'm only 15 years old and i live in Europe. I'm soon enrolling in the iPhone Developer program, I already have some apps done. However my problem is my age. Since I'm not old enough to sign up using my own name, I'm thinking about signing up using one of my parents information. But, if I did that would I still be able to fill my own banking information and EIN-number (Tax number...) in iTunes Connect?
Why would I do that?
Well i don't want to burden my parents with all the taxes. It seems like any other under-18 developer just sign up trough their parents, but do the parents know about the taxes...
And besides I would really like to be able to manage my own money.

So that's why I want to know whether or not i can fill my own baking information, EIN-number and all that stuff in iTunes Connect. While the actual developer account is filled with one of my parents information.

Thanks in advance. :)

NickVellios

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Not likely. If your parents have to worry bout that much taxes, then your app is doing spectacular, and in that case I don't think they will mind. :) Good luck

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Not likely. If your parents have to worry bout that much taxes, then your app is doing spectacular, and in that case I don't think they will mind. :) Good luck
Thanks for the answer.

But i just want to be able to manage my own money. I have tried to contact Apple but they don't really answer my question.
Is anybody 100% sure that i can/can't do it? I'm having a hard time finding anything about it on the Apple developer site.

HarryWorksInc

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Yea, were on the same page I,m 14 in America and I am a paid dev. I have a Developer account under my parents name, and first of don't mess with apple dude, ALL the info has to be for one person apple checks everything I had to spend months getting my account from trying to do what you are, so basically don't. The monthly payment just goes to my parents n they pay it to me and like NickVellios said I wouldn't worry about the taxes you've gotta be making a lot of money to be adding to much to their taxes.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Okay so i have found out that starting a company in my own name is possible in Denmark. Even though I'm under 18.
However i just want to know. Will Apple let me sign up with my company if I'm under 18? In other words, do they ask/care about the age if i sign up as a company?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Okay so i have found out that starting a company in my own name is possible in Denmark. Even though I'm under 18.
However i just want to know. Will Apple let me sign up with my company if I'm under 18? In other words, do they ask/care about the age if i sign up as a company?

What Apple probably cares about is whether you are old enough to be legally bound by contracts you enter into. No company I've ever worked for or with wants to enter a contract with someone who can unilaterally declare immunity at any time. There's no point to such a contract.

If you aren't old enough to sign and be held to contracts, then someone who is your legal guardian must do so, and they become the legally bound person. The age and the relationships to contracts will vary by jurisdiction.

If you are starting a company, then you should consult competent legal counsel on doing so, and pose your questions to that counsel. If you treat forum postings as legal advice, you get what you paid for.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
What Apple probably cares about is whether you are old enough to be legally bound by contracts you enter into. No company I've ever worked for or with wants to enter a contract with someone who can unilaterally declare immunity at any time. There's no point to such a contract.

If you aren't old enough to sign and be held to contracts, then someone who is your legal guardian must do so, and they become the legally bound person. The age and the relationships to contracts will vary by jurisdiction.

If you are starting a company, then you should consult competent legal counsel on doing so, and pose your questions to that counsel. If you treat forum postings as legal advice, you get what you paid for.

Thanks, I understand all that now. But i just want to know whether Apple actually wants to know my age when i enroll as a company.
Anybody remember whether or not they filled personal information (such as age, name...) when enrolling as a company?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
But i just want to know whether Apple actually wants to know my age when i enroll as a company.

Be adventurous.

Try it and see what happens. If it breaks, say "I thought that might happen."

Fill in the registration forms with fictional information. As long as you don't enter any payment info, then you'll see everything else needed and can cancel at any time.

Metal Dice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Denmark
Be adventurous.

Try it and see what happens. If it breaks, say "I thought that might happen."

Fill in the registration forms with fictional information. As long as you don't enter any payment info, then you'll see everything else needed and can cancel at any time.
Ok I'll try. And thanks for the help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.