Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Just constantly flip which way you put your phone in your pocket. Then it will just bend back. :)

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I actually have several of their products and like them: jacket, shorts, pants.

I love my jacket -- amazing what I can put in it.

Watch this guy's YouTube video on what he puts in his. Start at about 3 minutes to see what he pulls out of all the pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxLnrH3VRzU

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
I would really love to know if these iPhone bending situations are because of some extreme situations or if it truly is because the phones are very fragile. I will have a case within a couple weeks. I'm waiting for it to deliver.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
They just had a 40% off sale that ended this week on 10 of their products.

I picked up their Pack Wndbreaker (prior model which I like better than the current one) on clearance for $30.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Actually, I was just talking with a coworker about this, and we would not be surprised if fashion ends up changing over the next few years with the prevalence of larger phones. We can probably expect larger pockets, looser fitting pants, or maybe even some kind of fashionable lanyard type solution for wearing it around your neck. Who knows! Haven't women's purses and clutches already been changing to accommodate the larger android devices with special pockets and inserts? Like it or not, if people want these devices badly enough, they will adapt to them. Luckily for me I haven't had to adapt too much since I'm a moderately sized male.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
No need to buy new clothes. Regular shirt pockets are 5 inches deep. The Plus is 6.22 inches long. It will only stick out by 1.22 inches. Not a tragedy. However, it may be wise to put phone in shirt upside down, so it doesnt appear you are using camera with phone in your pocket.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I would really love to know if these iPhone bending situations are because of some extreme situations or if it truly is because the phones are very fragile. I will have a case within a couple weeks. I'm waiting for it to deliver.

There are so many factors. I had slightly bent my iPhone 5 in the past as I kept it in my jeans pocket. I'm 5'6", average weight and wear jeans that are snug (not tight). But when sitting with a phone in my front pocket, the jeans would put some pressure on the corners of the phone and over time, it bent slightly.

I won't keep my iPhone 6 in my jeans pocket as I can tell it would bend more easily due to larger size and thinner build. I bought a case with a belt clip... I put the phone in my pocket still, but clip it to the top of the pocket. So part of the phone sticks out and it does not bend. I've found this is the best solution for me.

Is this a flaw of the phone? No - it is just how it is built and I have to adapt to it. Anyone who thinks you can continue to put a thinner, larger item in something like a snug jeans pocket and not have it bend over time when you sit and apply pressure to it is not being realistic.

So just be intelligent with how you carry it around.

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
There are so many factors. I had slightly bent my iPhone 5 in the past as I kept it in my jeans pocket. I'm 5'6", average weight and wear jeans that are snug (not tight). But when sitting with a phone in my front pocket, the jeans would put some pressure on the corners of the phone and over time, it bent slightly.

I won't keep my iPhone 6 in my jeans pocket as I can tell it would bend more easily due to larger size and thinner build. I bought a case with a belt clip... I put the phone in my pocket still, but clip it to the top of the pocket. So part of the phone sticks out and it does not bend. I've found this is the best solution for me.

Is this a flaw of the phone? No - it is just how it is built and I have to adapt to it. Anyone who thinks you can continue to put a thinner, larger item in something like a snug jeans pocket and not have it bend over time when you sit and apply pressure to it is not being realistic.

So just be intelligent with how you carry it around.

Kinda agreeing with you, except I have been reading that the pants in question were not snug, they were suit pants. In either case, this is another solution to buying a belt clip or carrying an "murse".

To those who claim it looks cheap... the link I provided wasn't the only option, they have "hidden" cargo pants, vests, jackets, even dress shirts. Not saying this is the only company making these as well. I am just giving you an option verses having an argument about if one should expect a phone to bend or not.

wonslung

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Unfortunately I am an extremely large man. I wear 3x tall or even 4x tall shirts. Luckily those sizes work fine for keeping the phone in my heart pocket. It sticks out about an inch or so but it doesn't fall out easily. I have the 6 plus and this is how I normally carry my phone.

TheBama

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Unfortunately I am an extremely large man. I wear 3x tall or even 4x tall shirts. Luckily those sizes work fine for keeping the phone in my heart pocket. It sticks out about an inch or so but it doesn't fall out easily. I have the 6 plus and this is how I normally carry my phone.

Was going to post something similar today. I'm also an "above average" guy and think the 6+ is perfect for me as I have big hands and my big clothes have big pockets.

Tiny people on the other hand....

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
It'd be an issue if it happened to you. However you may be one of those perfect humans.

yes but it hasn't and my 15 month of daughter was playing with it for an hour without me knowing. I would have thought it would bend, it didnt

dseg42

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
Real solution: buy some other phone.

Bam, solution.

The iPhone 6 Plus threads defending the phones, like "one-handed usage" videos is getting hilarious.

The fact that people need to try to make a video of using the phone one handed is just... funny...

The Plus is a phablet, not a phone. Hence why Apple released two phones...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.