Solution for getting iPhone shipped to different address than billing address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schnebar, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Schnebar macrumors 6502

I just got back from the AT&T store. They were able to set it up to ship my iPhone 4s to a different address (my college) rather than my billing address (parents house).

I couldn't find an option to do this using Apple or AT&T's online site so if you are in this same situation I would recommend going into an AT&T store.

2. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

You can also call ATT and they'll change the shipping address for ya. Hold times are loco though so going to a store is probably better.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

thanks for the info, but when i call att they say they are closed

4. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

I have to ask for verification, did you originally purchase the phone from Apple's site and AT&T was able to change the shipping address, or was it from AT&T's website? I assume it's the latter.

I need to change my shipping address and order from the Apple Store, but I cannot change the address through Apple's order history and I haven't been able to get through on the phone with them.

5. Type X macrumors regular

You'd have to change the address on the account until after the order shipped

so for example if you used the Apple store app & it's connected to your ITUNES acct you'd have to amend your itunes billing/shipping BEFORE you went through the preorder, when you do the final confirmation your "school" address would be there.

6. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

No,
    Ordering through Apple, the shipping address defaulted to the billing address from wireless account on AT&T. I ordered an upgrade to my mother's phone from my iTunes account. It used my credit card on file but the system defaulted to her shipping address that could not be edited.