Solution for headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phototravel, Jul 3, 2007.

1. phototravel macrumors newbie

If you are frustrated that your sweet High End headphones don't work in the iPhone's jack, go out to Radio Shack and get a 12 inch long 3.5mm (1/8th inch) stereo jack cable that has the in line volume control - I bought mine a while ago but they can't be more than 5-10 bucks. Shave off just enough of the black plastic at the male end (that goes into your headphone jack) to make it fit, and voila - you have an adapter that sounds great, has a built in volume adjustment so you can leave your iPhone in your pocket, it's cheap, and you don't have to cut up your actual headphones, possibly voiding their warranty.

2. Jsimon9633 macrumors regular

you could just buy the Belkin adapter for 10 dollars...and not shave off anything......

3. telmerco macrumors newbie

Any thoughts on the possibility of Sony and others following up with compatible headphone/microphone sets?

4. phototravel thread starter macrumors newbie

true

Of course you could, but I was just responding to the fact that so many people dislike the idea of a hard (albeit slightly flexible) plastic thing sticking out of the top of the iPhone - this solution just looks like a small extension of your headphone cord

5. brooklyn macrumors member

I believe the belkin adaptor has a microphone.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

OP, note, I've merged your two duplicate threads. Please refrain from posting the same thing more than once. Thanks.