Solution for looping video presentation

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by steveash, Jan 22, 2014.

1. steveash macrumors 6502

steveash

I am working on a short video for a client to display at a trade show. The plan to have a large HD TV on their stand with the video looping endlessly. My question is, what is the best (smallest and cheapest) way to get the the video playing on the screen. So far the options seem to be plugging in a laptop, blueray player or possibly an iPad.

I wasn't sure if the blueray player would loop, it also seems to be tech that is fading away which makes me less keen to spans money on hardware of it.

Laptops are a bit bulky, particularly if it has to be left open. My client uses Windows which I'm not really familiar with.

An iPad seems like a neat option but I'm worried if the battery will last a whole day as the HDMI adapters don't allow it to be charged at the same time.

Any ideas?

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Wow I did not know about that HDMI part.
    I would have suggested it.
    BD players can loop.
    You can also author a DVD/BD movie to loop on its own.
    I dont like the skip between loops and to avoid fade to black at head/tail.
    Ive done this with an iPhone but not for long periods.
    Need to find a dumb player solution e.g. Digital Signage unit running Windows/Linux
    I only suggest this cause some cost no more than 300 bucks.
    So rental could be cheap.

3. steveash thread starter macrumors 6502

steveash

It looks like I am wrong, it seems the adapters do allow charging at the same time as playback.

Thanks, some sort of dumb player solution sounds great I will look into what is available.

4. mBox macrumors 68020

Hey thanks I have never tested this and would make a great backup for folks that need to push content fast.

There are dumb player options you can find at Best Buy type stores.

Pretty soon it'll be a HDMI Jump Drive option which I'm surprised no one has made yet...crap did I just give that away :)