Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Node1-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice/solution.

Basicly i have around 140GB worth of photos/HD video.

About half of the 140GB is HD video clips.

The rest is photographs.

All photos/videos are organisaed by topic and in somecases month order in traditional folders.

The amount of space needed for photos/videos is increasing week by week as i take more and more of them.

What would be a good way to manage all existing files easily?

(this would need to be crossplatform compatible)

AND...

Is there any quick solution to "batch" converting multiple photo's and video clips in to a smaller size? (to enable me to store them online and be viewed on iphone etc).

I really dont have much free time, so need a solution which would be easy and quickly to adopt.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
To manage your photos, there's iPhoto, Aperture and (for cross platform) Lightroom.

To your space needs: 70GB of HD video means the stuff is already highly compressed. If you go further, you'll lose a lot of quality. Same holds true for your pictures. You can batch export your stills from iPhoto while resizing and recompressing them, but I wouldn't do it. I'd rather get an external hard drive.

Batch export of video for iPhone? Compressor 4 is 50 bucks. You load your videos into it, choose the export options and run the batch over night (or a couple of nights).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.