solution for stuck mini disc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Simahui, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Simahui macrumors newbie

Never put a mini disc in a slot drive ... well, I thought it was probably not a good idea but I had not specifically read any warning and Blackberry included this little disc with my new phone that I poked in instead of downloading their software. Oops. All the recommended solutions like shaking (OK for me given I had a SSD) and restarts with the mousepad held down didn't work.

But I got it out. Take a business card, several inches of broad sticky tape, fold the sticky tap around the business card length-wise with the sticky side face up and use another piece of tape to secure it. You now have a sticky thin and flat wand that you can poke into the slot drive. Gently insert and move it around to slowly drag out the disc. It worked first time. Wow ... what a relief.
    :D

2. celticpride678

hehehe....sorry, had to.

Now, why did you decide it would be OK to put a mini disc into a SuperDrive?

3. Wanderer509 macrumors member

when i did that with my old macbook, i just turned it off, pulled out battery n shook it until it came out. i felt so stupid for putting it in.