Solution for those who want to protect iPhone 4 but HATE cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So when I got my iPhone 4 & unboxed I loved how it looked. Of course since it is glass on both sides & the metal band looks easily scratchable I figured I'd need a case.

But I hate cases. They make the iPhone look not as good.

So I tried the bumper anyway. Looks ok. Tacked on the invisible shield. Didn't really like the way I was rockin' it.

THEN

I came across a cheap $20 protection solution at walmart of all places.

It comes with a clear shield that is shock absorbent and covers the back front & the metal all the way around.

Today was the first day I accidentally tested it.

Dropped my iPhone on the edge of my foot board of my bed. Badly dented and chipped the wood but my iPhone came out clean.

The protector absorbed the shock.

Best part - my iPhone is essentially naked!

2. No ice please macrumors 6502

My friend just put a stranded screen protector on both sides. It works pretty good.

3. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

So what is the "cheap solution" at walmart? Pic's or a better description please.

4. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sorry I forgot to say what it's called!

Wrapsol ultra drop+scratch protection

They should pay me for this!!! Jk :p

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I second this. Pics?

6. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My only camera is my iPhone 4. Not because I can't afford another one just because it's all I need. 5MP + HDR = more than enough.

Its called Wrapsol ultra drop+scratch protection

7. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

I saw that you did try the Zagg product (in your first post, I'm gathering that's the product you referred to when you said "invisible shield".)

I know the Zagg has a bit of finger resistance to it when swiping (a bit of a rubbery feel, if you will.)

Curious as to the difference between this one and the Zagg (if this is, indeed, what you tried with the Apple Bumper)?

The texture of the Zagg product is the only turn off for me -- I have it on mine, but miss the smooth glass swiping feel of the bare 'neked' iPhone :p

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

9. rrandyy macrumors 6502

10. APtalent macrumors regular

Doesn't look that great to me. It's just a a film protector. Kinda funny how you "chipped off the wood" and the Phone remained intact, sure. Ok.