Solution to cases that don't work with the camera connection kit

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by psychonaut, May 18, 2010.

1. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Many of you have noted that a fair majority of cases will not work with the camera connection kit because the cut out hole in the case is not wide enough. I know the belkin and macally have this issue to name a few.

Some of you talk about cutting the case to make the hole larger, others talk about buying a new case, while others still simply state they will take the case off when they need to use the camera connection kit.

I did some searching and bought the SendStation Dock Extender for $28. While its an added expense it solves the problem. I have tested this on the Belkin and a few others and it indeed works.

I shot a video of this which can be found on YouTube at: (Please note it is still processing so the HD feed may not yet be available).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-WLo0GxRk

Hope this helps some of you.

2. arcsbite Guest

or you could just but this dock extender from dealextreme for less than $6 delivered worldwide
    works great on my iPad

[​IMG]

3. psychonaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have one like that it's the one I show at the start of my video but the problem is the cable is not tapered and thus does not fit in the belkin case. Is the one you speak of smaller at the connection point? If it is then yes it's a much cheaper solution.