Solutions for dual screens?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rust.puppet, Feb 4, 2009.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

i have 2 hannspree 22" monitors with one hdmi port and one vga port each.

i have a dell 530s (vga) and will have a macbook (alu) very soon. i really wanted to share both monitors depending on who is using the desk at the time.

ive looked into kvm switches and all sorts of cable adaptors. i'm just not sure what to do (if there is any solution that wont jeopardize my resolution)

thanks.

btw my resolution is... 1680 by 1050 True Color (59 Hz)

EDIT :: can i just plug each computer to one monitor using vga and then attach a hdmi cable between the monitors and just change my source to hdmi on the opposite monitor to get dual displays?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I know for sure, what you're suggesting in your edit will not work. As far as getting dual monitors out of the alu macbook, you'd have to look into the Matrox DualHead2Go product.

3. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the reply... it just seems like one of those things that should be SO easy (especially for mac) but it just doesn't work, just like coaxial to hdmi adapters for monitors... :( oh well.

4. snessiram macrumors member

You could also check out the ViBook, which is a USB adapter to add a second, third, ... screen.

5. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

hmm this is looking expensive and i hear about alot of graphic rendering issues with framerates.... i guess for now i'll just dual screen with the macbook and one monitor.