Solutions for protecting just the camera lens cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HeezyBear, Apr 27, 2013.

1. HeezyBear macrumors regular

I'd like to use my iPhone 5 without a case, but have something around the lens cover that leaves it sightly raised or covers it so the lens cover doesn't get scratched when I lay it down.

I remember seeing something like this a couple months back but for the life of me cannot think of the name of it and I've searched a lot. Would anyone happen to know what I'm talking about or have any other solutions for this?

2. Partridge macrumors 6502

Stop worrying about it. They switched to sapphire for the lens cover on the iphone5. You're very unlikely to scratch it. I have watches with sapphire crystals that have had run ins with just about anything you can imagine and they haven't shown a sign of wear. The rest of your phone will look like it has gone to hell and back and that crystal will probably still look new.

3. Radiating macrumors 65816

The lens cover on the iPhone 5 is Saphire, which means you'd need a diamond to scratch it. If you're regularly scratching your canera lens with diamonds you can probably afford ten thousand iPhobe 5's, so either way its ridiculous to worry about.

4. HeezyBear thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow, I was not aware of this. I just read up on it. Thanks, everyone.