Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coca_deva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2018
Even desktop is AWOL at the moment. I was running an encrypted APFS partition before upgrading to Catalina. Realistically should I down grade or hope the next beta fixes it? I haven't seen any other mention of this issue thus far.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.24.48 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.24.48 pm.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 201

coca_deva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2018
Solved it! If you're in the same boat at me (No files, Icloud crashes constantly) then you can fix it via "internet accounts" NOT Appleid settings, uncheck icloud drive and choose "keep a copy". After finder crashes you can renable icloud

Everything will magically appear. No idea where the files were in lou however but I am just glad that everything is back.

FINAL EDIT: The files will reappear in ~/icloud archive. It's up to you if you want to try moving everything back. I opted just to delete the archive and resync icloud. Everything is working now.

Last edited:

jean luc oregon

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Oregon
Solved it! If you're in the same boat at me (No files, Icloud crashes constantly) then you can fix it via "internet accounts" NOT Appleid settings, uncheck icloud drive and choose "keep a copy". After finder crashes you can renable icloud

Everything will magically appear. No idea where the files were in lou however but I am just glad that everything is back.

FINAL EDIT: The files will reappear in ~/icloud archive. It's up to you if you want to try moving everything back. I opted just to delete the archive and resync icloud. Everything is working now.
[doublepost=1563820563][/doublepost]I'm stumped. Where is ~/icloud.archive?

The system says it is stored in "iCloud Drive (Archive)" in your home folder"

Can't find either! Help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.