Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I'd like to make some nice-looking business cards in Pages. I looked at all of the templates for business cards, and every single one of them is ugly and boring. I figured I could make my own from scratch with my own font, pictures, and layout. However, whenever I make a change on one business card, it doesn't change it for the rest. Does that mean I'll have to change every single one of them? Is there some way to copy one and paste it into rows? (I tried that, but it didn't really work. It copied the entire page)

Mark43

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2006
Trying to do the same.

Hi, I'm also trying make business cards and trying to figure out how to copy the one card I've designed in Pages and paste it into all 10 card spaces on the page.
Did you find a way to do it? If so, would you be so kind as to let me know how please?
Thanks very much,
Mark.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I've always felt the same way about business card templates- but Avery recently released their free Design Pro software for use with Tiger and Leopard and I have to admit it has changed my opinion! There are LOTS of templates, but in addition you can modify any one of them to meet your needs- and it handles the "change all cards on a page" problem very simply. Just edit the top left card and all cards on a page reflect the changes.

In addition to business cards, it has a full range of mailing label templates and all printing products that they make- and is a nicely designed Mac app, not just a port of a Win application.

Quite a nice program for free which has only been available until recently in the Win version. The Mac version download is at : http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software/Software/Avery-DesignPro-for-Mac.htm

Give it a shot- you might be pleasantly surprised! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.