Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I've got a dual-ethernet Airport Extreme base station. I've connected my AIO HP c309a to it by every possible means; ethernet, wireless and USB.

No matter what I do, I can NOT scan from my computer or to my computer, wirelessly.

I used to get an error to the effect of, "failed to create a session" when trying to scan. Now, I'm unable to locate the scanner in Preview at all!

It prints just fine. I've installed the latest Snow Leopard printer drivers, and they're working fine and are the correct drivers. Airport Extreme's firmware is up to date.

Help out! Thanks.

fehhkk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago, IL
Same as you, I thought scanning could work through BonJour, but not so. USB is the only way to go, unfortunately.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
You mean...WIRED?!

What a load! I was able to do all of this with HP and Apple's old software >< I hate it when something like this gets broken and we are forced to step BACKWARDS!

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
SOLVED!

I go into System Preferences>Print & Fax. Click the white field so it is highlighted blue, right click on the field and click "Reset Printing System."

Afterward, I reinstalled the driver and restarted, opened Preview and began to check for a scanner, VOILA!!!

The printer is connected to the Airport Base Station wirelessly, btw.

Gawdul Mitey, I fought this printer with a *********** **** ** ***** ****** ISP router for SIX MONTHS! Apple saves the day again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.