*Solved*Got my ipad today, thanks everyone! question about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Edwhatever, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Edwhatever, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

Edwhatever macrumors newbie

Hello everyone on this forum,
    I have been lurking around this forum for about a month now, and with all the expertise on this forum, I have decided to get an ipad. Thank you everyone!

MY ipad arrived this afternoon, and I'm thinking of jailbreaking it. Should I attempt to update my ipad? is there a way to downgrade the ipad since the only iOS 4.0.1 is supported by jailbreakme? Thanks for everyone's help.

For people who still haven't gotten their ipad, and are thinking about it, I would ask you to think about what are your uses of using the ipad. Every friend I have spoken to whom I've mentioned that I was thinking of getting the ipad, their responses were either, "meh, I'm not so into the ipad", " or "i think the ipad is pretty useless"
    It really comes down to what you use it for, if the ipad eases your web-surfing experience, or provide you with the right apps (given you don't already have the iphone/ipod touch), then I would say jump on it. the earlier you get it, the earlier you will be in the loop of latest technology.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

On the iPad, open Settings app, General > About. That should show you what firmware is on your iPad. It'll most likely be 3.2.2, which is the most current official firmware.

A firmware update to 4.2 is expected any day now -- Apple has said it'll be relased "in November." I'd wait for 4.2 before you go about jailbreaking, because if you jailbreak now, then when you update to 4.2, you'll just have to jailbreak all over again.

That said, if you really can't wait to jailbreak, there are several ways to jailbreak 3.2.2. You should look through the iPads hacks and iPhone hacks subforum for more info.

3. Edwhatever thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, yes its 3.2.2.
    Sorry, I was not aware of many other ways other than Jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my ipad.