*Solved* How to edit hdapm.plist to effect disk1

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happle, Dec 20, 2011.

1. happle, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

happle macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to install hdapm on my optical bay drive. with what and how do i edit the .plist file to effect disk1 at every boot.

2. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

Were you looking at: /Users/username/Library or /Library

When I go: Finder >> Go >> Computer >> Macintosh HD >> Library - the sub-dir that you are looking for is sitting there.

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

never mind i ended up finding it. sorry. now my question is how do i edit the .plist properly for it to effect disk1.

i edited the thread title and first post to ask the question.

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

edit it in "textedit" app and save it to your desktop with the same name and .plist then copy it to that folder and select "replace" done. next run the command "sudo hdapm disk1 max" or you can replace max by a number between 1-254.....thats it...just have to run it at every boot.

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

alright. I'm talking to the dev now actually to find out how to get it to load at every boot. ill let you know what he says.

also he said he's going to work on getting hdapm to "follow" the HDD, since i notified him that sometimes the drives randomly switch, and he said a few other people said the same thing. he said as a work around you can edit the .plist so it effects disk1 and disk0. he said that having hdapm run on an ssd has no adverse effects, i think it just doesn't do anything since its not a spinning drive.