[SOLVED]iPhoneSDK - Cryptic Compiler error: Id returned 1 exit status,referenced from

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by danielh, May 15, 2008.

1. danielh macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Have been playing around with the new version of the iphone SDK (Beta 5, XCode 3.1 beta) and I keep running in to a cryptic compiler error across a series of sample projects I'm working on. The error is like so:

Code:
    collect2: Id returned 1 exit status
    symbol(s) not found
    literal-pointer@__OBJC@__cls_refs@MainViewController in FeedsAppDelegate.o
    ".objc_class_name_MainViewController", referenced from:
    Next to each line under the location heading it states: "Line Location Tool:0". Under the "Errors and Warnings" in the project tree, the error is under a node labelled "General".

The frustrating thing is that I am copying code form the UIShowcase iPhone Sample and using the exact same code with some of the visual stuff stripped out. The UIShowcase works fine for me though. I have had this happen to me as well for other projects with the same situation; copy the example exactly and it doesn't work for me.

If anyone can help at all it would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the project; even if you could test it out to see if it works on your comp as the nature of it suggests it might just be a problem with my computer...

Thanks,

Daniel

2. danielh thread starter macrumors newbie