(solved) Macbook (Early 2008): no boot, no power LED, no fan, only AC

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bigmbywater, Aug 5, 2010.

1. bigmbywater macrumors newbie

Hello,

First off, I opened it, replaced the wireless card in it (the old one died, and wouldn't come back on after a while.) After that, as I was putting it all back together, just missing a few screws, I booted it up, where it seemed to work just fine, so I turned it off, then replaced all of the screws. Afterward, I booted it again for it to work for a few seconds once on the desktop. It then froze, (mouse wouldn't move, no keyboard input taken) the power button was unresponsive, so I removed the battery to turn it off. Tried powering it back on, and it simply will not turn on.

The fans aren't spinning after pressing the power button, the power LED light does not come on, no video, no macbook sound, nothing but the green light on the AC adapter.

The keyboard plug is seated firmly into the holder, the RAM has been put in, taken out, tried one slot and not the other, etc, the hard drive has been placed, seated, etc. When the AC adapter is plugged in with no battery, it's green, and still green with a battery.

I've tried everything this site says: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1365 multiple times.

Any ideas?

2. bigmbywater thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it

I looked at it again, more thoroughly this time.

It turns out that I accidentally broke the keyboard connector when I pulled it out the first time. Now all of the pins aren't touching, unless I press on it in a "Just so" manner. Once it's touching though, it boots up just fine. Wireless card and all.

Also had a problem with my keyboard being magnetized when I put it in. Once I removed it from the case, it stopped. Must be the battery power connector.

Thanks.