(solved) MP3 tags

Discussion in 'macOS' started by b0ris, Nov 12, 2012.

1. b0ris, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

b0ris macrumors member

Hi,

I have a mp3 library wich is correctly tagged on Itunes (artist, album, track title, track number, style ...).

But whenever I export to a non apple device, it seems that the tags are not completely recognized, as if what is shown on Itunes isn't really what's whitin the mp3 file.

Do you know if there a way to force those tags to be what is displayed on itunes?

Thank you in advance

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

There is a shareware id3 editor available for OSX. I use it all the time. The freeware Audacity can also be used to edit id3 tags but it is somewhat bulky for just this simple task.

You might try speaking with or emailing Apple support about this as while I believe Apple would be delighted if you never owned a non-Apple device, I don't think it is Apple's intent the tags should be corrupted if you export mp3 files to other devices. That sounds too much like something a company up in Redmond Washington would do. ;)

3. b0ris thread starter macrumors member

thanks, I found solution, it seems that those that did not synchronize properly where in fact mp4.