SOLVED: Possible to power on MBP without opening lid?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sn0warmy, Jun 28, 2010.

1. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

99% of the time, I use my MBP as a desktop with an external monitor, keyboard and mouse. The current setup does not allow me to have the built in display open next to the external monitor due to lack of room.

I keep the laptop on the BookArc stand and slide it behind the monitor. This works fine when I put the laptop to sleep since hitting any key on the external keyboard wakes the computer. But I shut the laptop down a few nights a week and in order to turn it back on I have to pull the laptop out of the stand, open it and hit the power button before shutting the lid and putting it back.

I'm curious if anyone has thought of a way to power the laptop on without opening the lid. I don't have high hopes for a good solution, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

2. sn0warmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Well after some more digging around I found a perfect solution to my problem.

It appears that in system preferences you can schedule your Mac to turn on at a certain time each day. This will allow me to shut it down at night and have it automatically turn on at any time I specify the following day.

For others interested in this, here is the info I found.

Link 1 Solution is about 4/5 down the page.
    Link 2