[solved] Power button not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by draztik, Dec 14, 2011.

1. draztik, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

draztik macrumors newbie

I have a core Duo white MacBook, the power button stopped responding awhile ago so I had just been closing the lid to have it sleep and wake upon opening lid.

Yesterday a friend hit shutdown from the Apple menu and now I cannot turn it on. I removed the keyboard and I don't see anything wrong with the power button but it could be a short somewhere.

Is there anyone to start it without a power button hit? Anyone else have this issue and what did you have to do?

Thanks in advance

[edit]

I took apart the macbook and shorted the keyboard connection to logic board, it started up. Just gotta use a external keyboard now

2. wallex2 macrumors newbie

How did you short it? i am having the same problem, but it was my girlfriend that shut down mine. i need to use my macbook ASAP

3. jerseyjim0 macrumors newbie

So how did you short it? I think my keyboard is broken and I was wondering what you did..

4. draztik thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but basically when you take apart the MacBook first. Then the connector to the motherboard that the keyboard goes to I took a small flathead screwdriver and moved it around in that connection to short it so it thinks the power button has been pressed.

Then you just never turn off the computer and just close the lid to put it to sleep.