Solved : Really slow wired internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InSaNeCyAnUr, Nov 7, 2008.

1. InSaNeCyAnUr macrumors member

It can easily take 1 minute to charge a simple website like google.com. It only happens when I'm connected with a wire (wireless is as fast as it should be). I connected my girlfriend MacBook to the cable and it works fine.

I have the late 08 MBP with AEBS latest firmware. I even tried doing a full cleanup with Onyx and it didn't change anything.

Anyone have the same problem?? Should I take it to the Apple Store or any of you got some magic Terminal commands :D.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: My wired connection is fine on my XP partition, so it's not my cable/ethernet card. So the problem is really coming from OSX.

EDIT2: SOLVED!!!! Changed my DNS servers.

2. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I think your only problem is that you're using wired internet! :p

3. RandiC macrumors member

That was a stupid answer.....The OP has a valid question!

4. dukedvl macrumors member

I was having the same problem last night with my new MBP. I was downloading files and they would download 2 -3x faster wirelessly than they would while connected with a ethernet cable. It was very strange. I am also using an AEBS and have a PC hooked up that downloads normally when connected with a ethernet cable.

5. InSaNeCyAnUr thread starter macrumors member

It's really strange. I'll try posting this on the Apple forum and see if I get some help there. Still don't hesitate giving any advice, I'm not scared of Terminal:)

6. InSaNeCyAnUr thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved, I deleted all my internet config on my Mac and let him reconfigure. Seems like my DNS servers weren't good (might have changed them while at school).

7. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528