[SOLVED] Snow Leopard Install failed on start installation application

Discussion in 'macOS' started by huri, Dec 21, 2011.

1. huri, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

huri macrumors newbie

EDIT: Problem solved. Use retail DVD From pbay and restored on USB Stick and Update was successful. After that i update to Lion 10.7.1 and now i'm with 10.7.2

Thanks Mattie Num Nums!!!

Hi to all
    I've got MacBook (white) 2,1 - 13" Mac OS X 10.5.8
    I try to install Snow Leopard with Original Gray DVD from same model MacBook 2,1.
    But after start install application showing this text: "Mac OS X Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this computer."
    Try to install on other HDD, repartitioned.
    Partition Map Scheme : GUID Partition Table
    I tried to install modified OSInstall.mpkg file.I Edited the Distribution file and script for checking the system and remove all rows except "return true;"
    But again not success :(
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advice

Installation Log after showing the failed text "Mac OS X Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this computer.":

2. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

The system is not verifying the correct model number according to the data stored on the gray discs. Do you have a retail copy you can install instead?

3. huri, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

huri thread starter macrumors newbie

No, i bought this mac from guy who didn't gave me the disk. I try to download from piratebay some dmg's but didn't success.
    I try to repair the disk with DiskUtil under boot install disk.
    Try to use BootCamp to Repartition the disk but again failed. :(

edit:
    now i try with Retail DMG downloaded and make restore on USB Flash stick. If have a success i will write ;)
    thanks