iPad SOLVED Stain, mark, spot or something on screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dasx, Aug 24, 2013.

1. dasx, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Short story: Put an iPad 3 on sale on July the 5th. Put it into its original box and then into a wardrobe so nothing could happen to it. This last friday a guy told me he was interested and we agreed the terms. I got it today in order to charge it again and restore to 6.1.4, but this ****ING thing appeared on the screen.

As you can see in the video, it's only visible when the screen is on and it responds to the touch as normal.

Any ideas what could cause this? I'm reproducing now 1080p video 24/7 in order to see if it goes away…

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/95m5cmi8tmg8x3q/IMG_0660.MOV

EDIT: No applecare and it's more than 1 year old.

2. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

It almost looks like the LCD panel is pushing up against the glass in that spot.

3. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

Well, good news. First of all, I love the UE and their 2 year warranty policy. :D

Went to the Apple Store and they told me a cell of the battery swelled and got a leak. Apparently that thing is liquid from the battery.

They told me that even though it was more than one year old, they have a second year of warranty for certain cases. I don't know how they decide if it's applicable to you or not, but they gave a new iPad. :eek:

Cheers!

EDIT: iPad was bought in March 2012, so almost 1 year and a half.

4. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

5. bdrake47 macrumors regular

Cool that they replaced it for you. Wish we got the same level of consumer protection that EU has, but that probably explains product pricing too...