SOLVED: Veency, OSX and no WIFI

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DinoMachino, Oct 15, 2010.

1. DinoMachino macrumors member

DinoMachino

I spent the last two weeks (not constantly, but frequently) searching for how to connect to veency on my mac at work without having a wifi network.

here's how, and its dead simple.

under system preferences, under the "internet" tab, turn on internet sharing.

on your iphone (or ipod) connect to the wifi network your mac just created.

now, you'll be using the wired internet your mac uses on your iphone, and you'll be on the same network, so just set up veency as normal.

definitely a great moment to love macs, since doing this on windows (from what i've read) is no simple matter. naturally your mac needs to have an airport to send a wifi signal, so... um... the few of you that still don't, sorry!

there, mystery solved. have a nice day. :cool:

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL This is so Funny!...

So to use Veency WITHOUT Wifi, you need to create a WIFI network!... :D:D:D

Title is crazy missleading !lol

3. DinoMachino thread starter macrumors member

DinoMachino

misleading

ha, well, i hadn't noticed that... :D

there's no info anywhere on how to do this on a mac via usb or whatever.

to do it over 3g you have to have a public 3g ip, which i didn't want to deal with, mainly since i would have to ask for one from att.

i wouldn't exactly call it misleading, just ironic that the only way to use veency without a wifi router is to make your laptop the wifi router. the tricky party is the internet sharing thing. ad hoc alone worked fine without my work's wired network plugged in, which does me no good because I can't access all the work servers that way.

if i wrote the post again though, i'd word it the same way, since they're all prerequisites for needing this info.... unless of course you're the one guy who still has a mac w no airport....

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I think you will find that internet sharing on a Mac through Wifi is a very basic and well know feature. If you Google it you will find 11 million hits.