Solver For Office Excel Mac 2011 Now Available

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bender o, Oct 28, 2010.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi guys, I looked and I didn't find any info so I just wanted to tell you that Solver for Excel Mac 2011 is now available as a free download here:

http://www.solver.com/

This guys also have some other really cool tools if you want to check them out.

Hope it helps :)

2. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up! This should be useful for prototyping some optimization algorithms on example problems.

3. MacVibe macrumors regular

I am disappointed Microsoft didn't just include the features directly in Excel 2011. Having to download the extras from an external site is pretty bad service from the world's biggest software company. The solvers can be convenient but they aren't particularly exotic and Microsoft should just hire a scientific programmer to include them directly in the spreadsheet. I really thought this new version would have addressed this issue, maybe they'll get around to it in Excel 2014.:(

4. bender o thread starter macrumors 6502

bender o

Actually I read in their page that this guys made such a great work with solver for excel 2008 that MS contact them directly so they could build the new one, but yes is still bad service.