Some 2016 MBP Hardware Issues...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JerTheGeek, Apr 25, 2017.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

So today I was using my 2016 13" MBP as usual. There is this issue with my spacebar key; it is getting like jammed on the right side, to the point where sometimes you press it and it feels like it isnt pushing down at all. Sometimes it doesn't work when you press it from that side. And it seems to come and go, like it will randomly feel fine and then feel jammed. It first popped up like a few weeks ago, and then went away, and now it is recently been doing it again. I noticed it with "R" key about a month or so as well, but it has since been normal.
    So as I was looking to see if maybe the key was stuck or something, I picked up the MacBook Pro and noticed this rattling noise as if something was loose inside. It only does this if I move it from right to left, not backward or forward. Is this just the fan, cause I haven't noticed it before?
    Has anyone had these issues and is it something I should take it to the Genius Bar for?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

To be sure,have a proffessional service person to check it up,seems like something is wrong with the buttons,probably mechanical error,need repair.

3. ryguy92000 macrumors regular

ryguy92000

This is a known error with this model of machines and the new butterfly mechanism. Your compliaint is (unfortunately) not unique. You can call apple care or go to a shop and many locations will simply replace the key board.

4. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

What about the rattling noise? I wonder if they'd replace the whole thing cause of those two issues? Or just repairs do you think?

5. ryguy92000 macrumors regular

ryguy92000

there is a chance the mechanism has failed. Apple will be abel to tell and warranty the work

6. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Anyone else having the rattling issue? Just wondering if it's only me or maybe some sort of defect?