Some advice before i make the purchase (ipad pro)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cableguy84, Dec 10, 2015.

1. cableguy84, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

I am thinking of buying a Wifi ipad pro before christmas.

Could anyone tell me if they have had any issues with their screen as this is the only thing holding me back.

Every ipad i have owned in the past has had annoying screen problems . Inconsistent backlight, dead pixels, dust etc.

Thanks in advance

2. Absrnd macrumors 6502

Absrnd

If your wife has the same OCD as you, then don't buy,
    if not, then make your wife happy :)

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Yes, there have been the normal complaints of various types about the screen with the iPad Pro. No indications that overall the screen is anything but excellent though. I would ask you, however, to consider this. What is the alternative you are considering? Every manufacturer has issues with screen quality and consistency. Most (I might say all) competitors are worse - most significantly so. If you want the iPad Pro, buy it. The screen is excellent. It may have minor issues if you look closely. But is the alternative of having nothing at all really the better choice?

4. cableguy84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

Hopefully they have improved their QC a bit, my iphone 6s plus screen is near perfect.

5. Absrnd macrumors 6502

Absrnd

You could check the iPad before wrapping it as a gift, but then you rob your wife the pleasure of unpacking a brand new Apple device.

6. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

My iPad pro space grey came in Friday Dec 18th from tmobile and the screen is flawless...whites are perfect too and actually white...no yellow effects like some users or uniformity issues, guess I'm one of the lucky ones but haven't noticed too many issues with the iPad pro screens like when the iPad air 2 came out.

7. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Haha, wife != wifi...

I have a pixel-perfect iPad Pro. you can always exchange it, though I suspect you know that. Buy from APple direct if you're not sure.

8. malandra macrumors regular

I bought from BH Photo. I called in advance and was told that for iPads they have a 30 day return policy, even if the box is open. Return shipping would be the responsibility of the buyer. So there's an out in the case of a bad screen.

They were offering free overnight shipping and $20 off AppleCare Plus, which was enough to put me over the edge. Good luck!!