Some advice please.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by giganten, Apr 27, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

I don’t have any Mac yet. But I am not really sure if I should buy Mac or a Windows PC.
    We will use programs like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Maya and some sound program that I don’t remember the name on right now in the school, I know all of them will work on mac.
    What will be best for 3d programs like Maya and maybe some other program, the Macbook Pro or something like ASUS G1? Anyone know which OS they use when the make animations/games, they us windows on the school but the teacher I talked to did use Mac’s?
    I know it is best to wait for Santa Rosa before I buy something.

But I some more things I need advice on.
    I am looking for a new router, should I get the Apple Extreme.
    Will it work well with the Windows PC I have now, can I update the firmware?
    Can I use it with my Wii?

And the last question.
    I want to buy a Wacom table, Is the Intuos A6 Wide good to start with?

2. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I can't say about the other stuff, but re: the graphic tablet. I know plenty of animators who use A6 animatiopn tablets, and are happy with them - no need to go larger if it's the size you're worried about. I have used the A6 Wacom Graphire 2 and 3, and have found both to be fantastic for work on photoshop and flash. I haven;t had any experience of the Intuos, but am sure it too is great.

p.s go Mac...

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got my Apple Extreme station today. I love the design. :D

And my windows pc that I connected with wire did find internet and my Wii could find the wireless network too. But my problem is I can’t find the base station whit the Airport Utility so I can’t change the password. Anyone know how I should do? I want it to work until I get my Mac, waiting for WWDC.

4. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did solve it.
    Apple extreme station is default on port 13 and my wireless card was default on port 1 - 11. And after I did change that it works perfect :D .