Some Advise on Monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MXSkier62, Jul 20, 2008.

1. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking to buy a monitor to go with my MB to use the MB as a tower-only. I really like the ACD's but they seem a bit pricey, especially for my uses (I am a student, so mostly word documents and the occasional video game).

I looked into a couple of Dell monitors, especially the Dell E207WFP, the Dell SP2008WFP, and the Dell UltraSharp 2009W (essentially what CNET says are good monitors - I trust them).

Does anyone have any opinion about which monitor is truly the best? I guess I would have to buy the Logitech QuickCam to get an iChat-functional webcam. So with that in mind (and although I don't have unlimited money, if the ACD is the best I can afford the 20", which is sorta my ideal size, between 20-22"), which monitor do you think is best? The ACD? A Dell? Some unmentioned monitor from another company? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

If color accuracy (for photo work, example) is not critically important, the Dell 24" models are great monitors. I have a 2008FPW 24" and I am very pleased.

The Dell 20" and 30" do use the same panel technology as the ACD's use, however they are also close(r) in price to the ACDs because of it.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

The Dell is superb and much better value than the ACD. I have a 30" Dell attached to the Mac Pro and definitely would not change it. I also have a 23" ACD for the Mac Mini and when the ACD eventually dies, I will replaced it with a 24" Dell .. :)